We know as well as anyone, getting trusted, cheap car insurance is not easy to find. That’s where telematics insurance comes in – it’s the easiest way to get discounted car insurance premiums!
What is telematics insurance?
Telematics insurance uses GPS technology to monitor your driving and adjust your insurance premiums accordingly month-to-month. Our innovative product collects information as you drive and gives you a driving score. There are four main parts of driving that we monitor closely to give you your overall driving score: acceleration, top speed, braking and the time of day that you drive.
If you work hard on your driving, and improve your style across these four categories then your score will increase. If your score increases, your car insurance premium decreases. Alternatively, if you ignore your alerts and continue to drive aggressively and dangerously, your premiums will increase.
What do we use to monitor your driving?
There are two methods we use to track your driving:
- Black box - this is where we install a small box in the inside of your car. This box won’t be visible to you or any passengers as we tend to fit it in the glovebox or another concealed area. Once this is installed, all you have to left to do is to drive safely.
- WiseDriving app – we will send you a small device that plugs into your 12V cigarette lighter. We then ask you download our WiseDriving app and connect your smartphone to this device. Once you’ve done that, you’re good to go.
Benefits of choosing a telematics car insurance policy:
- You are treated as an individual: If you drive better than others on the road then you will be rewarded for your efforts, i.e. through reduced premiums.
- As you allow us to monitor your driving, we place our trust in you by rewarding you with a 40% upfront discount on your car insurance premium.
- Simply, because it makes you a better and safer driver.
- If you get your car stolen, we can get it back for you as we can track the location of your vehicle. At WiseDriving, we only offer this feature if you have a black box fitted in your car, not if we are monitoring your driving through the use of a mobile app.